Spinach and Strawberry Salad

This week is only at the halfway point and it has been so turbulent that I cannot wait for it to be over. This has included us driving to the city every day this week and again tomorrow. For people that usually only go to the city once a week. It has been hard. It also meant that we have been eating out everyday. Something that is exciting the first day and then turns into longing for a home cooked meal. However, I did get that burger that I have been craving for a month now. So I am good for another few months.

I thought I would post about the Spinach and Strawberry Salad I said I was going to talk about a few weeks ago. Its the same salad dressing that I used with the Salad on the tuesdays-feast post. The picture makes it look a little dark, but it tasted really good. Now if my darn strawberries would just bloom then we could have this more often. I did pick up some B.C fresh Mandarin oranges yesterday from the farmers market. However, when I ate one at home the sticker said product of Peru. Last time I checked B.C was still part of Canada....oh well they are yummy. I think i will try them in the salad on the week-end. Enjoy


Spinach and Strawberry Salad with creamy balsamic vinaigrette and toasted Pecans
Ingredients
4 cups of fresh spinach washed and broken into bite size pieces
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp mayo
1 tsp coarse German mustard
1tbsp maple syrup
3/4c extra virgin oil oil
5 strawberries stems removed and sliced
1/4c pecans, toasted
salt and pepper to taste


Using a hand blender mix the vinegar, mayo, mustard, syrup until well blended. Slowly pour the oil in while mixing until oil is fully incorporated.

To toast the pecans. Place a sauce pan on medium heat and spritz with a little oil until coated. Add the pecan to the pan and toast on medium heat for 5mins or until pecans just start to turn a darker brown. Take saucepan off heat and allow nuts to cool for 10mins. Once nuts have cooled break into smaller pieces


Place spinach into individual serving bowls and top with sliced strawberries and toasted pecans.Spoon desired amount of dressing onto of each bowl of salad.

Comments

Popular Posts