Spinach Pancakes

When my husband first bright home some extra spinach pancakes his mother made I turned up my nose and said Yuck. However, I was always taught to try everything at least once so I did and they were great!

 I asked for the recipe and she didn't know what she put in them so my husband told me how he thought she made them and I tried on my own. There are not as good, but pretty darn close!

 Spinach Pancakes
1c milk
1tsp salt
1st ground nutmeg
1/2c flour
1oz butter, melter
2 eggs
2tsp sugar
6oz chopped spinach, cooked and cooled (can use frozen)
butter and oil for cooking

Combine milk, nutmeg, flour. Stir in melted butter. In separate bowl combine eggs and sugar. Add to batter. Add spinach. If the batter is too runny you can add more flour by the tablespoon till it reaches your desired thickness.
Melt butter in saucepan add a little bit of oil to stop the butter from browning too quickly. Spoon mixture into skillet and spread to 3inch disk. Cook 3-5mins on each side.

Pancakes frying in the pan

finished product...YUMMY!

Comments

Popular Posts