Thank you

This week I got the final blocks in the mail for both of my quilts in the We Bee learning Bee.

Group one helped me out by making Amish Diamond blocks.

 I think they all look pretty darn good together. Now I just need to iron them and decided on a final layout. I am also thinking of doing some sashing and boarders, however I am not sure on what colour to go with. Any thoughts?

Group two helped me out by making Framed Pinwheel blocks.
Framed Pinwheel Blocks


 At first I had second guessed my choice on telling everyone to use whatever colour they wanted, but as the blocks started to come in I loved the way they looked together. I think I will do a little sashing on this one too...maybe in white? I also need to iron them and decided on a final layout.
I want to thank everyone in both groups for helping me out with these quilts I couldn’t be happier with the blocks and cannot wait to start putting everything together!!

The mail yesterday also included a few prizes that I had won last month

From the lovely Sharon over at http://vroomansquilts.blogspot.com I had won an awesome charm pack of Always and Forever by Deb Strain for Moda

And from the lovely Jennifer over at http://jenniffier.blogspot.com I won an equally awesome charm pack of Aubrey Rose from Benartex

Thank you very much Sharon and Jennifer I will put these charm packs to good use!!

Take care

Comments

  1. Fun quilts those are going to be. I'm partial to the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Bee Blocks look Great! What about a sashing that is solid, but matches whatever fabric you pick for the border...that might set the whites off in the pinwheels so that the pinwheels float? You amish diamonds look fantastic too.. Congrats on the priZes. How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted the group of blocks, it gives me a better idea of the quilt. Looks great! Can't wait to see what you do with them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blocks! You have some stitchin ahead of you!! I can't wait to se what you choose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting scrap quilt beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks! What are you planning on making with the charm packs? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks, sashing seems the best, how about the Amish Diamonds on point? Congrats on your great wins too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your winnings. Both quilts are unique with all of the different fabrics. How fun to combine efforts. Happy quilting...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts