One Year Later



Wow it’s hard to believe that it has been a whole year since I first started this blog! I started the blog because I was a low point in my health and having lost most of my friends I didn’t really have anyone to talk to about my garden. In fact more often than not I was made to feel bad about having a garden so I became guilty about having one and kept it to myself.  Last June I had all these words were running around in my head that I just couldn’t get out and the idea hit me. What about a blog? In a blog I could write about anything that I wanted as often as I wanted too and just maybe the guilt would go away and I could be proud of what I am doing. 

Fast forward a year later and my health is still poor, but I can now look back and see I have a whole year of things to be proud of. I had a great garden last year; I tried new recipes and for the most part succeeded. I even started quilting. Heck I started 2 quilting bees and joined 3 others and took part in 2 blog hops. I can honestly say that sitting here last year I never thought any of that would be possible.

As I started out on my blog journey I came across a number of blogs that have opened my eyes and my heart. I can honestly say that I am a better person now for reading them! So Thank you!! I never imagined that anyone would want to follow what I had to say and here there are now 96 people that have chosen to follow my little blog. I can’t tell you how much that means to me. Although I do write this blog for myself, knowing that people out there are reading helps me to stick at it. It helps to motivate me to get things done and to try new things without shame or judgement. Well you all may think that I am crazy, but no one has gone out and said that directly...LOL Today’s post will be number 278 and I thank you all for sticking with me. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings.

As a little thank you for following me I decided to have a little giveaway today of a few of my favourite things. The lucky winner will get all 5 things. I have 2 fat quarters in my favourite fabrics. 2 packages of my favourite seeds and my most favourite things is Mr. Pickles, but I don’t want to give him away so instead I have included a bar of Swiss chocolate since Mr.P is both from Switzerland and sweet J


P.S If you would never use the fabric then I will make you a little gift using the fabric instead. Maybe a nice mug rug! And if you feel you would never use the seeds than I will send along some extra fabric. So there you go everyone wins!

All you have to do to enter is be a follower, since this is a thank you giveaway to my followers for following meJ. Just leave a comment telling me whatever you want. If you are a non-reply blogger please leave a way for me to contact you if you win. I will be making the draw using ramdom.org on Monday June 4th.
Have a great day!!

Comments

  1. You have had a busy year! Congrats on your 1 year blog anniversary! And I am so glad to be a member of International Stashes with you! By the way, your block arrived today. It is beautiful! I love the fabric with the chicks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Pickles, It is interesting to hear the history of your blog. I'm glad it has given you an oulet to express yourself in so many different ways and to connect with people from all over the world! Cheers! Here is to another fulfilling blog year!
    Jennifer :-)
    PS: I liked the comment you left for me last night about having on "my speedy hat!" I laughed when I read that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your blog Anniversary! Wow, I started the blog for similar reasons, as I wanted to share everything that happens in my yard with someone who knew what I talked about :) Most of my friends are non-gardeners and my family was getting tired of pretending to be excited about every little accomplishment. Glad I started the blog and have enjoyed writing down what I did and I love to look back and see how each year was different....p.s. I'd love to have candy(yum), if I do win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots to be proud of, Mrs P in what you have achieved this year!

    And let me tell you how you have been a great influence on me - I'll let you into a secret which I was keeping until next month, but as it's your 1st blog birthday, I'll whisper.

    You've inspired me to start a Wednesday Night International Cookery blog. I attend a cookery class (Wednesday) now, but from next month when the classes stop, I'll still be cooking - countries from A-Z.

    Now how does it go again? A is for ...Austria...or Australia... or America....

    I can't wait - and it is a huge thank you to YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. P., happy first year blogiversary! I'm so happy you have joined this great group of people. You never, ever need to feel like you have no friends, as we're all one big happy, friendly family.

    I'm disappointed that I cannot have Mr. Pickles as a prize should I win. I'd be real happy to trade you Mr. Granny for him! No? OK, chocolate would have to do. And, since my daughter took my sewing machine, and I'll probably never get it back, a mug rug would be lovely! Hugs to you, and let's meet here again for your second blogiversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary,Mrs. Pickles! I am so glad that I entered the Name Game Swap where I met you and became your follower. I agree with the comment above that says we are all just one happy Blogging family! I like all the prizes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary to you!!! I (we) just love you and reading your blog!! I'm looking forward to reading your blog for many years to come.

    Since I do love to garden, sew and "The Italian" loves chocolate. I would just love all three. I really like that fabric too!

    I have to agree with you about all the wonderful people that are out there in blog land! Who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on one year! I think blogging is a good outlet for a lot of people. I'm glad you decided to blog! We enjoy reading what you have to say. And don't ever feel guilty for doing something as "environmentally responsible" and as rewarding as gardening! I can't imagine anyone making you feel bad about that!!!!
    I hope your health improves. Maybe you need a warmer climate? It's plenty warm in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on one year. I'm glad you decided to blog, and I have enjoyed following your posts. We didn't get the big garden in like we wanted to this year and I'm bummed. Next year for sure so I can make pickles and salsa. I love everything in your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your Blogiversary! I enjoy reading about your garden and your other projects....And I think we are all a little crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogoversary! And someone made you feel bad about having a garden? That seems so strange. Even my veggie hating hubby (who never helps me with the veggie garden) likes that I do it. He would like me find a hobby that doesn't make me go out in allergy season. But nothing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Mrs. Pickles on your 1 year Blogiversary. I agree that blogging makes the world more accessable. The sharing and caring and generosity that occurs here in blogland is amazing and heartwarming. You have had quite the first year and now to many many more years of blogging. How sweet of Mr. Pickles to share his chocolates too. Blissful Blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the first year anniversary! It goes by so fast, doesn't it?
    And wow! I am so impressed with your garden! I don't have one anymore, but enjoy watching your little seedlings! I am glad you have found an outlet to share this and be proud of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogiversary Hayley! I'm so glad to be part of one of your bees and ive really enjoyed getting to know you on your blog and on Flickr. I have a black thumb so the gardening stuff goes totally over my head, but I'm glad it's an outlet for you. Bigs hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, haven't I told you before? You're totally crazy. Certifiably nuts! Hehe, sorry, couldn't help myself. You practically put an invitation out there ;)

    Wow, I can't imagine people making you feel bad/guilty about having a garden. Now THAT's crazy. The only thing you should feel bad about is thst it's your garden, and not mine :)

    Congrats on the anniversary. I, for one, am glad you started blogging. I love reading your blog, both the gardening and crafting sides.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your blogiversary. I enjoy reading your blog a lot, even though I am not really a gardener.

    If overseas entries are allowed, I'd love to be included please, but I would not have room to grow the veggies in my tiny garden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! A year of blogging is a mile marker and you should be Very proud of yourself. Congrats!! I have enjoyed both gardening and quilting along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary!! I'm glad you don't feel guilty about a garden anymore. The one thing I love about a garden is that the whole world just is a nice place in the garden, you can't worry or anything, it's all just good!!! I can't imagine life without a garden. Hope the next year is equally as good, and hope the health picks up some.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS MRS P!!!! Happy Blogiversay :) I'm sooo very proud of you for finding the courage and strength to blog and share your wonderful stories with everyone. I'm sorry for all of the obstacles that have blocked your path, but you have every right to be proud of the mini-milestones that you have achieved this past year. Seeing your determination and motivation, just inspires me to want to do the same. You should be so very proud of your blog, garden, all of your amazing quilting/sewing projects, and your yummy cooking. This next year will bring only good things and I'll always be there for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congradulations on your anniversary! I love reading your blog! I'm so glad I found your blog to read, thank you for sharing with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear I missed your blogoversary:) Sorry but I've been a bit under the weather but I'm here today to say.......Happy One Year Blogging!!!!!!!!......and onward and upward to another year:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOw..Congrats on a YEAR!!! I love reading your stories! You've inspired me to jump in and start a garden... I've made a big Raised Flower bed in a section of the backyard.. I am going to make a few more to fill in the area and give some gardening a try..will probably stick to mostly flowers and maybe a few strawberries to start with.. but Hey.. here I go! I Loved hearing about how your blog started!! Thanks and keep up all the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts