Week 3 in the garden


Its week three in the garden and guess what!? It has been nice and hot for 3 days in a row!! This is pretty darn awesome...However now that it is hot as snot some nice rain would be welcome...LOL

Here is the garden at a glance for week three. As you can tell there is a lot more green this week and for the most part a lot less weeds. Mr.P was able to till between the rows for me which makes everything a lot easier. I still have to weed the rows a bit more though...:P I really like the new garden set up this year...it just seem so much more like a garden...LOL

Okay now for a section by section look....warning sooo many pictures... :)

Plot 1 the herb garden. So many weeds, grass and wild flowers have some up in here that I really don’t know what is what. I figured I would give this section till Friday and if I still cannot tell which are herbs than the entire section is going to be tilled over. This means that the herbs that I bought to plant here are just going to stay in pots for this year.

random sunflower 

Plot 2 strawberries/raspberries
I really need to get in there and weed this section both are over run and sending out suckers like no bodies business. The raspberries are starting to produce berries. The strawberries had A LOT of flowers, but no fruit.

Plot 3 Onions/leeks, spinach and Brussels sprouts
Onions and leeks are doing great. The spinach has come up but only 2 plants in 2 rows and neither plant is actually in the row planted...oh my. I am going to let them live and replant the rows today. The B.Sprouts are really loving this area and have just shot up with the heat

Plot 4 Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage
The seeded Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower are not up yet and that has me fretting a wee bit. However, the seedlings that I transplanted are doing AMAZING. I think the cabbages are actually starting to form head....very exciting. So far the cabbage butterflies are not around......but I am sure they will be here soon. I have been looking for netting to put over them, but I cannot find anything.

Plot 5 potatoes
Doing great!

Plot 6 carrots, lettuce, radishes, kohlrabi, beets and spinach
The lettuce and radishes are really taking off. The beets and kohlrabi are sparse in their rows and may have to be replanted. The carrots are starting to peek through but are sparse as well. I also planted 2 rows of spinach in this section on Friday. 

lettuce
radishes

Plot 7 tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and zucchini
All doing great too. I bought some tomato food and I am going to give everything a little boost today

zucchini

Tomato plant starting to flower...but I think it is still way too small!


Plot 8 Soy beans, cucumbers, broad beans, parsnips, green beans, and peas
Everything is coming along nicely in this section. The cucumbers are finally starting to stretch and I think the trellises will go up this week

cukes

Plot 9 turnips, peas, and butternut squash
The squash still hasn’t sprouted yet. It has been 3 weeks and I am thinking it isn’t going to come up. With frost coming in September I don’t think there will be enough time to replant

Plot 10 peppers and sweet potatoes
I had a few left over pepper plants and a few green pepper plants that my MIL gave me so I decided to plant them in this section on Friday. It was also dry enough for me to plant my sweet potato slips. So far they are still alive
New garden
The cabbage and cauliflowers are doing well. Something is eating at them though so I am going to have to do something about that. I have planted the new spaghetti squash and pumpkins to replace the ones that died. I think they should do better this time.




So there ya go that is week 3! I know that was a long post so I will save the patio veggies for tomorrow!



Comments

  1. I can already tell that you are going to have a really great garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer! Your garden went from brown to green really fast! Good job. I hope you get perfect weather from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a huge garden. It's looking good. I've been giving my tomatoes a boost this year too. Hope everything continues to grow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden, have I said that before? :)

    Despite the things that aren't doing well, looks like you'll have a great amount of yummy fruit and veg. Look forward to seeing week 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is growing fast. My summer crops were just sitting in the ground until our heat wave came. And then bam! Massive growth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I am not a veg gardener yet.. I am making some raised beds so I can try.. but This is so Impressive!! congrats on a fantastic garden! So many different things growing. How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts