Thursdays Kitchen Cupboard



Today I am  linking up with Thursdays Kitchen Cupboard hosted by Robin over at The Gardener Of Eden.

This past week there was not a lot going on in the kitchen. I know we ate, but I cannot recall what we ate most days so I going to say it wasn’t that impressive. We have been eating a lot of fresh broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage from the garden. Last year I froze almost all of the broccoli and cauliflower right away and by the end of the summer it felt like we missed out. So this year I have been making one or the other with just about every meal. I think we have gotten out fill and after today there will be no more for a while..LOL

I usually just steam  the broccoli and cauliflower and then toss will a little butter and salt. Mr. Pickles mother adds toasted bread crumbs. I gave it a try using panko bread crumbs. You toast them in butter and then just toss on the cooked veggie. I must say it was pretty darn YUMMY!!


I also got a bit of preserving done. I froze green beans, broccoli and cauliflower.



Comments

  1. My 5 year old grandson LOVES broccoli. He orders it every time he eats in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe just how good fresh from the garden broccoli was. Good for you eating it fresh. I do like to put a bunch in the freezer, but ya gotta enjoy it now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the breadcrumbs on the cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eating straight out of the garden! I didn't plant it this year and miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of broccoli steamed and eaten with a touch of salt. I'd say I do this 90% of the time. It never gets old to me. But I actually made cheese sauce twice this summer. Usually I hate cheese sauce because it covers up the broccoli taste but the later broccoli was very strong, so great with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love steamed veggies! That's the way I cook them most of the time....very simple with a little butter.

    That cauliflower sure does look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts