Quilting Secrets day Four


WELCOME TO DAY FOUR 
OF THE
QUILTING SECRETS 
BLOG HOP
mrs pickles garden

For those of you wondering how this hop came about Click the button ABOVE


. Christine, Linda and Barbara have provided us all with some really great secrets.

Make sure you check out day one’s host

Visit our Day three host

I have lined up 6 wonderfully talented quilters to join me in sharing a few of their Quilting Secrets !

Christine from Quilt Monster in My Closet 
Linda from Buzzing and Bumbling
Barbara from CatPatches
Today*****Melissa from Sewbittersweet designs*****
Sharon from Vroomans Quilts
Sue from Quilt Times
Hayley from Mrs.Pickles Garden 

Today we are stopping over at Melissa’s site Sewbittersweet Designs
I came across Melissa’s site during the Sew Happy Geek Quilt Along in 2012. Melissa designed the fireflies block for the QAL and once I saw that block I knew I had to become a follower. With Melissa’s clever work and heartwarming posts just can’t help but want to be friends with her!!

Melissa grew up in the San Francisco bay Area, but the Army had other plans for her family 5 years ago and stationed them in Fort Lewis, WA and thus now call Olympia home. She finds herself still adjusting to the snowy winters. Melissa grew up watching her mom sew and learnt the skill herself at age 11 in home economics. The quilting bug finally caught up with her when she was 20 with the birth of her brother first child from then on she was hooked. Melissa’s favourite project to date is her Flying Arrows quilt that is on her bed right now.
 http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/?p=2496

To find out what quilting secret Melissa is sharing with us Please check out her site
sewbittersweet_button
I would like to give a huge Thank you Melissa for taking part in the hop and to Clint Madsen from Green Fairy Quilts for sponsoring today’s giveaway
greenfairybuttonModa Jelly Roll - Bear Country School
Judi Madsen, aka the Green Fairy of Green Fairy Quilts, 
started piecing and quilting at a young age.   What used to be a hobby, she and her husband have now turned into a full-time, successful business selling Judi's many quilt pattern designs with pattern distributors, fabric stores and quilt shops all over the country, and into foreign countries.  They have expanded with their on-line store selling a large variety of fabric products.
 Judi is an award winning Long Arm Machine Quilter, Clint manages the website, and stays busy shipping out all the orders and is also in charge of buying all the fabric you see on the website.  


It is hard to believe we are the the midpoint of the hop already!! I hope you are all having as much fun as I am. Can't wait to find out what secrets are next!

Comments

  1. I was blown away by her tip with the pinking shears! You have done such a great job with this line up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am learning something new and helpful everyday. Thank you for the hop. I posted on Facebook today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just having fun learning all these great new tips -- and meeting some fabulous bloggers previously unknown to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved her tips on the cutting tools! Fabulous! Can't wait to see what is happening tomorrow :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts