Belated Merry Christmas

Well this post is exactly what the title indicates....

A Belated Merry Christmas to all

Mr.P got home safe and sound from Pella on the 20th and we simply spent the days leading up to Christmas getting ready for the big day. 

On the 24th we went over to my Mother's to celebrate. It was hard not having my Dad there, but we just tried not to think about it and we made it through the day.

We usually get together with all my dad's family on the 25th, but the three of us thought it would just be too hard this year. So we hosted Mr.P's family at our house on the 25th and had my mother over as well. I thought she would feel less out of place if we had the get together at our house vs my mother-in-laws as we normally do. 

So long story short......We made it through our first Christmas without my Dad. It was hard, beyond hard, but like I said we just all tried not to think about it and just went on the best we could. 

It will be hard, but not as hard to celebrate New years eve tomorrow. We had our traditions for that night as well and part of me keep expecting to hear from him. But as he would say "It is what it is"

If I don't make it back online for the 1st.

Happy New Years to all as well!!
Wishing you all the best in 2014


Comments

  1. Well Happy Belated Merry Christmas and a most wonderous New Year. Take care of yourself sweetie - the wee one will be keeping you busy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas your share here
    So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
    Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
    I state that the technology used is not as sophisticated as the technology in your country
    Although I had a lot of obstacles with existing technologies in Indonesia in my country, but I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
    Once again I want to say thank you
    ID Files World Price Mebel Murah Blog ID Files Ada Gratis One Notepad Online Info Teknologi Berita Otomotif

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the same for 2014. It's going to be a year of exciting changes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so understand. We've been in your place too. Enjoy the time together and we'll see you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to look forward to in the new year! Have a happy one! Get some sparkling cider to ring it in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Looking forward to that new baby announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a great big squeezy hug for you and all my best wishes for the new year. (((((((Hug))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Merry Christmas to you, too, and here's to a better New Year for you and your family. It's hard to celebrate a holiday so close to losing a loved one, but it sounds like you did the best you could. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to have a good get together and you had a good idea changing the venue for the 25th. May you have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated merry xmas and happy new year to you. Hope 2014 is one of joy for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts