Exciting Secrets ahead!

Update :The blog hop was such a success thank you to all the hosts, sponsors and to everyone that followed along. Please click on the hosts links to see what secrets were shared


Last year I discovered the online quilting community and have been overjoyed by their warmth, helpfulness and creativity. However, as a new quilter seeing all the amazing quilting/sewing projects out there can be quite intimidating.

 In fact some projects were so wonderful it got me thinking that their creators must have some great quilting secrets. With that thought an idea started to fester in my head...hmmmm Quilting Secrets..... 12 months later and I figured instead of festering I should let my idea out......

So I decided to host a QUILTING SECRETS Blog Hop!!

I have found you can take a class, buy a book or just search the web for hours trying to find tips that will help make your quilting experience easier. However, sometimes having an experienced quilter show you a secret they use can make the whole quilting adventure that much more enjoyable!

I have lined up 6 wonderfully talented quilters to join me in sharing a few of their Quilting Secrets !

Barbara from CatPatches
Melissa from Sewbittersweet designs
Sharon from Vroomans Quilts
Sue from Quilt Times

The Quilting Secrets Blog Hop will run December 31st till January 6th

For day one fun Click HERE

Each week until the 31st I will be revealing one or two secrets about the hop!


This week’s secret involves some loveliness from The Fat QuarterShop. However, you’ll have to come back on the 31st to find out what it is!


For those of you wishing to help promote the hop  here is the button! 

There may be something special in store for those to help spread the word....but for now its well a SECRET!


mrs pickles garden



Week 2 Secrets are
1. Some loveliness from greenfairybutton
However, you’ll have to come back on the 31st to find out what it is!

2. As you know I have lined up 6 wonderfully talented quilters to join me in sharing a few of their Quilting Secrets! Here are the days that these ladies and myself will be posting
Christine from http://www.quiltmonstercloset.com  December 31st
Melissa from http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/  January 1st
Barbara from http://catpatches.blogspot.com January 2nd
Linda from http://buzzingandbumbling.blogspot.com/ January 3rd
Sharon from http://vroomansquilts.blogspot.ca/ January 4th
Sue from http://quilttimes.blogspot.com January 5th
Hayley(this is me) from http://mrspicklesgarden.blogspot.com January 6th

 Week 3 Secrets are
1. This one is hard to keep quite, but let me tell you its Aurifil(ly) lovely... 
 
2. As for some other secrets let’s see here is a poem that spills some of the secrets..maybe
We have woven such a lovely web full of secrets just for you.
They will have you sticking around for the whole hop just like you were stuck in glue
These secrets are so lovely it’s hard to no let them loose
If told you now I would be such a silly goose
The irony is some of these secrets are just so simply clever
Are you starting to think this poem is going to go on forever?
Okay then for now I am going to cut this poem short
I know I am such a square, but I just have so much to report


Our last secrets before the hop starts on Dec 31st are
1. Some loveliness from SewSistersQuiltShop
2. There will be a host change up on Jan 1st and 3rd. Same lovely ladies, just different days..see below!




Until next Week!!

Comments

  1. I am so excited! Looking forward to revealing my secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the button on the side bar and will do up a post with referral to here for information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to reveal my secret as well.. Fun Fun Fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. I put the button in my sidebar. Will do a post tomorrow to help promote. I sure could use a few secrets, lol.

    Thanks you Mrs. Pickles and all contributers. This will be a great Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to it...Some of my favorite bloggers are lined up to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am putting the button up in my sidebar...partly to remind myself to come back often. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all love a good secret! This is something fun to look forward too! When I'm at my laptop I can add you to sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your button is at the top of my sidebar! Can't wait for some fabulous tips and tricks from this amazing line up of guests!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun and it looks like some great guests. I'll add your link to my sidebar. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like fun. Everyone loves a secret!!! I've added the button to my side bar. Happy stitching, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've added the button to my blog...hope to get some tips and tricks from the great guest!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spread the news on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!! Sounds like fun!!! I will be happy to learn some secrets and share them too!!! Button is up!!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  14. I shared your button and info from your post on my blog at http://teresasquiltjourney.blogspot.com. Thanks for the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have my curiosity running wild - I put your button on my blog right side bar and I can't wait to come back to start hopping New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found out about this, how exciting, I had to share!
    http://grecomara.blogspot.gr/2012/12/quilting-secrets-are-coming-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds fun! will be following along. Posted a link to this on my blog @ http://callenderscreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I am looking forward to you sharing your secrets - I have added a link from my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. If one does not have a blog how and where do you post it to help spread the word?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot tell how to comment on Cat Patches :(, but I really enjoyed the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts